“We have worked with Deb several times and always get fresh, interesting and eye-pleasing designs unique to us and our nomadic lifestyle. Her creativity added tremendous value and allowed us to stay on budget. We want to thank Deb for all of her fine work making our new house a home. We love it!”
To design a low-maintenance, dog-friendly space that incorporates the beautiful artifacts collected by the owner from his extensive world travels. The high ceilings in this home, while beautiful, created a design challenge by creating a massive volume of empty space.
- Creating soffits in the ceiling and incorporating beautiful wood panels and enhanced lighting plans into the ceiling provided a feeling of intimacy in the large room.
- Custom millwork not only adds a design element, but also a space for the television and additional display space for the home owner’s treasured artifacts.
- Rich Venetian plaster treatment to the walls creates depth and shine to reflect the beautiful river views.
- Custom moldings with antiqued mirror insets adds visual interest while still allowing art to shine.
- Use of solution dyed Indoor/Outdoor fabrics ensures durability even with pets and heavy sunlight.
- Asian artifacts and furnishings balance the contemporary architecture and reflect the home owner’s personality.
Preferred vendors included: Odegard (rugs), Michaelean Kohlberg (rugs), Baker (Furniture), Primitive Art Work (antiques), Bill Sofield for Kohler/Baker (Furniture).