We first of all would like to thank all our clients, team members and vendors.
Our next set of posts will highlight some of our Chicago interior design projects from 2009. We will use these installations for a series of design tips which apply to a home any where.
Solid design concepts can apply to any space.
A row house in Lincoln Park, a large estate in Lake Forest, a family vintage
home in Wilmette or a large new construction in Oak Brook, human comfort has
some basic needs which are the core to the interior designer.
The first featured project is a condo in a high-rise located on Lake Shore Drive. With views of Lake Michigan from each window a blue sky and water provides a amazing backdrop for bold color and ethnic accents.
This international family requested a dignified one-of-a kind space with the ability for easy wear, which will be primarily used by their college children and international guests. This condo design was accomplished with some of theses design features:
- Solution dyed fabric, extremely durable and resistant to stains (You can pour bleach on it with no damage. Seriously! We have tried it.)
- Bold color with blue venetian plaster walls to mimic the feel of the lake
- State of the art lighting and electrical system includes a control panel for all rooms at the condo entrance
- Electronic natural wood shades – to protect against the harsh lake reflected sunlight
- Asian antiques and art to make the furnishings truly one-of-a-kind
Please look for the next blogs to see in detail how we accomplish design features in our installations, such as the use of color, lighting and furnishings.